By WalkingTree May 10, 2021
PHP has been among the most popular languages for web development owing to its many advantages, some of them include its simple syntax, open-source, and strong scalability. Yahoo and many others have also used PHP. But some of its disadvantages are also obvious – low code reuse rate, recursion issues, lack of multi-threading support.
As the popularity of PHP has been on the wane, Node.js has seen its fortunes soar. But why is it being preferred over PHP? To start with –
- Node.js can reduce the complexity of app development
- It uses a unified language in both front-end and back-end development
- Only requires installation on the server-side
- Better reflects the separation of concerns and lower coupling
- It uses the Apache/Nginx proxy
- Makes it easier to find a suitable package
In the next five to ten years, Node.js is not expected to be obsolete. Node.js has a standard GIT workflow and is suitable for code editors. Read on to know more about Node.js.