By WalkingTree October 05 , 2020
While some of the technologies associated with DevOps are still immature, small teams have evolved to more comprehensive engagement with their company’s overall IT capabilities. Teams that have enjoyed this kind of success are seeing happier customers. But what’s next? Organizational leaders are always wanting more, so how should DevOps teams work in a large organization?
Let’s take a look at the five steps DevOps teams can use to scale their initiative and optimize success.
- Adopt a coded approach – The practice of DevOps requires development, operations, and security teams to work together. Code provides the path to trust and velocity. Using code to describe the desired outcome and associated policies eliminates miscommunications.
- Make it easy to work with code – There are tools available that use human-readable languages and templates that enable easy editing. Not only does this make code accessible to teams across the organization with varying skill sets, but it also eliminates much of the time Ops.
- Use the right tool for the right job – Teams need to take an application-centric view in order to handle the complex web of dependencies present in modern applications.
- Enable one way to production – DevOps teams need to work more efficiently which requires standardization across tools and processes. When using the right technology, concerns between the infrastructure and application cycle can be separated and consistently automated as part of CI/CD pipelines.
- Shift risk mitigation left – Cloud and microservices development is getting faster. The sooner new code makes it into production, the quicker the company recognizes the value. System testing, application re-platforming, run time errors, and reporting are all velocity blockers. Coded approaches include policy along with the release, and tests are run and errors are addressed at build time vs. run time.
Read on to know more about DevOps and the best practices for scaling it.
Cloud costs are among the biggest investments these days for many organizations. Cloud cost optimization is becoming sensitive…
An integrated security practice within the DevOps process helps ongoing collaboration between engineers and security teams and build…
There are cloud-specific container orchestration tools like AWS ECS and Azure service fabric, which allows you to deploy…
DevOps is the most recent tech absorption in enterprises with close sync between software development and IT operations…