By WalkingTree July 27, 2020
In our previous article, we spoke about the adoption of Microservices in 2020. In this article, let’s take a look at cloud adoption in 2020. A survey conducted in January 2020 with more than 1,200 respondents revealed a lot about cloud adoption. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights-
- More than 88% percent of respondents use the cloud in one form or another. Most respondents have also revealed that they expect to grow their usage over the next 12 months.
- About 25% said that their companies plan to move all of their applications to a cloud by 2021. 17% of respondents from large organizations have already moved 100% of their applications to the cloud.
- Most organizations use a mix of cloud options. 49% continue to run applications in traditional, on-premises contexts.
- More than half of respondents use multiple cloud services.
- AWS is the cloud leader, followed by Azure and Google Cloud. But most Azure and GCP users also use AWS.
- More than half of the respondents use microservices.
- More than one-third have adopted site reliability engineering and some of the organizations have developed production AI services. In this survey, SRE’s future is brighter than AI’s.
This survey was mostly done on software engineers, technical leads, software, and system architects. Read on to know more about cloud adoption in 2020.
There are cloud-specific container orchestration tools like AWS ECS and Azure service fabric, which allows you to deploy…
DevOps is the most recent tech absorption in enterprises with close sync between software development and IT operations…
Introduction As automation is taking place at a rapid pace, the areas where human intervention is involved are…
One of the most innovative things that came up in the banking sector last decade was internet banking….
The idea of disruptive marketing strategy is not new in the retail industry. Most of us have experienced…