By WalkingTree November 19, 2020
As we all know Flutter is a cross-platform framework that can work on a wide range of devices. It can be as small as a smartwatch to a full-fetched television. It’s always a challenge to adapt an app to a variety of screen sizes and pixel densities using the same codebase. Well, there are some approaches that you can follow while designing an app using flutter.
There are different approaches for both Android and IOS. Let’s take a look at it.
- Auto Layout: Auto Layout can be used for constructing interfaces where you can define rules that govern the content in your application. Auto Layout automatically readjusts layouts according to the constraints when certain environmental variations are detected.
- Size Classes: Size classes are automatically assigned to content areas based on their size. iOS dynamically makes layout adjustments depending on the size classes of a content area.
- Some UI elements: There are a few other UI elements that you can use, such as UIStackView, UIViewController, and UISplitViewController.
- Alternative layouts: Use alternative layouts for different sized devices. For example, use split view in devices like tablets to provide a good user experience.
- ConstraintLayout: ConstraintLayout can be used for creating flexible and responsive UI designs that can adapt to different screen sizes and dimensions. It allows you to specify the position and size for each view.
Read on to know more about responsive design and what approaches you can adopt while designing.
In the last blog and webinar on State Management in Flutter, we learned about managing state using Stateful…
In this week’s blog on plugins, we will look at a very special requirement – OCR(Optical Character Recognition)…
When choosing plugins to achieve device related functionalities, always prefer the plugins developed by the flutter.dev author or…
Flutter is great with device-related functionalities and, in most cases, there are plugins available to handle different native…
Data represented in a tabular format is easy to understand and interpret. Tabular data also makes effective use…