By WalkingTree December 04, 2020
Big data leaders are looking to improve data quality and turnaround of big data projects, as well as performance in meeting business objectives. While 2020 hasn’t been a normal year, you still have to plan for the future. Let’s take a look at some of the big data plans for 2021.
- Manage data better – The goal is to eliminate importing data from non-relevant sources upfront. Once the data passes incoming criteria, it should also be cleaned and properly prepared before it is uploaded into a data repository. This means checking for incomplete, duplicate, and inaccurate data.
- Speed and monitor the process – Most organizations today are well equipped with a DevOps development approach for big data and analytics. Now it’s time to formalize the process so users know when a big data analytics model is mature enough to be placed into production.
- Improve Security – Many IoT devices have operating systems that won’t meet company security standards. Reviewing these devices, working with vendors, and assuring that settings can be made that conform to corporate security.
- Build bridges between IT, data science, and users – Business units develop their own AI and big data applications. When users want to integrate them with other company data, they need IT and data science departments to help them. If IT and data science professionals collaborate with business users, many of these follow-on difficulties can be avoided.
- Improve communication – Although management is well aware of the importance of big data, AI, and IoT, it doesn’t hurt to regularly brief them on projects and new developments. The goal is to improve communication with management.
Read on to know more about the big data plans for 2021.
One of the most innovative things that came up in the banking sector last decade was internet banking….
One of the most important dimensions, when we talk about data analysis, is – Time. Same is applicable…
Introduction This article is part of a series of blog posts exploring time series databases and TimescaleDB in…
In our recent webinar on Creating Data Intensive Application Using Sencha Ext JS 6.5 Modern Toolkit, we looked…
Sites like AirBnB, MakeMyTrip, IPLT20, NFL, Bloomberg are heavy on data and presentation. Such applications require a scalable…